Greetings from Senator Tillis
Senator Tillis is pleased to send recognition letters to fellow North Carolinians in commemoration of special occasions such as military retirements, scouting awards, new citizen ceremonies, milestone birthdays, anniversaries, etc. If you would like Senator Tillis to recognize a special event, provide the following information in the form below. Please make your request 3-4 weeks before the deadline or we cannot guarantee delivery prior to the event.
Greetings from the President
Our office can also submit your request for Presidential greetings. The White House Greetings Office handles as many requests as possible, in accordance with a set of long-standing guidelines. Once submitted, the greeting is then processed solely by the White House Greetings Office and no updates are generated. Requests must be received 6-8 weeks before the deadline and must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. Citizens Only: The White House will send greetings to United States citizens only, for special occasions as outlined below.
- Advanced Notice Required: Your request must be received in advance of the event date. Greetings are generally not sent after the event date, except for wedding congratulations and newborn acknowledgments.
- Anniversary Greetings: Anniversary greetings are extended only to those couples who are celebrating their 50th (and subsequent) wedding anniversary.
- Birthday Greetings: Birthday greetings will be sent only to individuals 80 years of age and above.
- Other Greetings: A limited number of special occasions other than birthdays and anniversaries exist for which the White House Greetings Office will send appropriate recognition to United States citizens. These occasions include important event such as:
- Wedding (send your request after the event)
- Baby's Birth (send request after baby's birth)
- Eagle Scout Award
- Girl Scout Gold Award
- Retirement 30+ years civilian (military retirement recognitions from the President are handled by the retiree’s branch of service)
- When to Expect Your Greeting: Greetings are mailed from the White House on the date of the event.