It is an honor to serve the state of North Carolina in the United States Senate. One of my most important duties is representing North Carolinians through constituent services. My office is here to serve you in any matter regarding a federal agency and I hope you will not hesitate to contact us when we can be of assistance.

Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you.

Help With a Federal Agency

If you are experiencing a problem with a federal agency, my staff will work to help you receive a fair and timely response to your issue. My office can help you resolve cases ranging from the Department of Veterans Affairs to the Social Security Administration. While I will do my best to assist you, I do not have the ability to override an agency’s decision made in accordance with federal law.

The Privacy Act of 1974 requires that I have your written consent before contacting a federal agency on your behalf. An agency will not share any information about you without your written authorization. Please complete the Privacy Authorization Release Form with a detailed description of the situation and what you are seeking from my office. Please include copies of relevant documents that may be useful to your case.

If your case is time sensitive, please call my Charlotte office at (704) 509-9087.

Si necesitas asistencia en español, por favor comuníquese con la oficina de Charlotte.

Things to know when requesting assistance:

Due to the fact that I am a representative of the federal government, my office is unable to assist you with legal issues, private disputes or issues with your local or state government.

It is the long-standing tradition of the Senate to afford your Senator the opportunity to assist you. If you are not a resident of North Carolina, we will forward your information to the Senator that represents your state. To find your Senator, please visit

Human Validation